Re: skid plates on order

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 05 1999 - 11:07:29 EST

<< Hi all,
  We've ordered skid plates (3) and a receiver hitch for the '98. Who knows
 when they'll be in, but at least they're on order. I think we may put the
 "fresh air by meldrum" in as well. I think we should mount a fire
 extinguisher in the cab as well and we're all set to hit the offroad trails.
 YEEHAW!!! I'd love to get a suspension lift and beefier tires, but that will
 have to wait for now. OH HAPPY DAY!!! :)
 Just thought I'd share my excitement :)

Just curious, but how much is the hitch from the dealer? Are you having them
put it on too? Just letting you know, you know you can buy a just a good
hitch(it just doesnt say MOPAR on it) that is a Class III from JC Whitney for
$115; and for $85 when they are on sale. All you need is about 25 minutes of
you time and some very basic tools. The hitch I bought simply utilizes the
holes predrilled on the frame; as I would imagine the MOPAR one does. I bought
mine about 4 years ago for $90 and put it on within an hour. This way too I
made sure I put on good quality Grade8 bolts/nuts rather than the Grade5 most
hitch places use; Just as a peace of mind(additional cost is about $8). I not
bitching; just curious why you decided to order the hitch through the dealer.
As far as the skid plates go, do they get bolted on or welded on?
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6