Sport Truck Connection(K&N)

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Sun Mar 07 1999 - 09:44:55 EST

> Said it would give an extra 27hp to a stock 5.9.
Man, I love these manufacturer hp claims. 27 hp? From an air filter
setup? Even on a vehicle that responded well to mods, 27 hp would be WAY
too much to gain. For a OBD II 360, maybe .27 hp or possibly 2.7 would
be more like it. Personally, I'm sure you could remove the hood and the
air cleaner assembly all together and not dyno 27 more hp.
This may seem harsh, but I have one and I know how well they respond to
mods, especially intake/air filter/ram air stuff. None of that will help
much without exhaust work, and a few other
mods. Alan S. '98 R/T 14.28 @ 94.58