Fabtech Liftkit Pics on Website

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Mar 07 1999 - 11:49:00 EST

Alrighty then...Had a few set-backs but the lift kit and rims are finally on
the truck. (Had to drive to San Antonio to pick up the rims.)

The ride is 100% better...no more mushy "Cadillac" ride...and the handling
it also greatly improved. (For a lifted truck of course...it's no R/T) I
already parked it next to a 4wd Dak in a parking lot to compare...hehehe...
Mine's BIGGER. :)

Would I recommend it...HELL YES! Fabtech offers both a 2" and 3" lift kit.
The 2" kit does not include the Upper Control Arms and the suspension
geometry suffers as well...If you're going to do it...spend the extra money
on this one! One word of caution...DO NOT INSTALL THIS KIT WITHOUT FIRST
PURCHASING A NEW SET OF RIMS WITH A MAXIMUM BACKSPACING OF 3.75 INCHES.
(Yes...I fell into this loop-hole and that's why I had to drive to San
Antonio to pick up the rims...well worth it though.)

Regards,

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
bernd@texas.net
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd
1997 Dakota SLT-CC (3.9L)
License Plate Frame: "Don't Follow Me...I'm Trolling for Toyota's"
Song for the Day: "Gonna buy me a Dodge Truck and blow those Fords off the
road....."