OEM Muffler

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Sat Mar 06 1999 - 21:07:10 EST

To replace or not to replace the OEM muffler (with another OEM muffler)
that is the question!

Now that the sacrificial lines are out of the way, I noticed a leak
(actually it was water dripping out) in the OEM muffler... I've only got
11k miles on the truck so I could surely have this replaced under warranty
with the same muffler...

Should I do this or are there gains to be got by getting an after-market
muffler???? The gains could be performance related, like better low end or
high end -or- quality of life stuff, like a sweeter (but not noisy) exhaust
note. What do y'all think??

T.