Re: OEM Muffler (Tom)

From: bnich@bellatlantic.net
Date: Sun Mar 07 1999 - 11:00:40 EST

fawcett@uism.bu.edu wrote:

> To replace or not to replace the OEM muffler (with another OEM muffler)
> that is the question!
>
> Now that the sacrificial lines are out of the way, I noticed a leak
> (actually it was water dripping out) in the OEM muffler... I've only got
> 11k miles on the truck so I could surely have this replaced under warranty
> with the same muffler...
>
> Should I do this or are there gains to be got by getting an after-market
> muffler???? The gains could be performance related, like better low end or
> high end -or- quality of life stuff, like a sweeter (but not noisy) exhaust
> note. What do y'all think??
>
> T.

Hey Tom, I like the sound of my Gibson, has a nice rumble. I think it
did seem to effect the "high end in OD" area, bit of power loss I think.
But it sounds real nice, and I like the look of the duals under the roll
pan. If I ever get my TB maybe the high end flat spot will go away.
The hole is there to get rid of the condensate build up, but its very
effective in getting a new exhaust system. "Look honey its dripping
water, its gonna blow any day now. don't wana risk getting a $100
ticket!"
Bob