Open Element Baseplate Choice

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 06 1999 - 17:51:00 EST

I have been investigating doing an open element air filter system.
In alot of your web sites,some if not all say something to this affect: "I
used the Edelbrock air cleaner assembly because it had an integral PCV inlet
on the bottom piece." What is so special about this base and why do I need
one? Why do I need this base if on my stock air filter housing, the PCV isnt
going into the filter housing. Why can't I just go out and get a base with no
'nipple' or 'inlet' on the base of it?f I do go with this homebrew system, I
would simply use an open element valve cover breather also. Please help me
understand the choice of the baseplate better.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6