Re: Snowstorm! Dak in ditch tonight!.... DOH!

From: Luslugger (agm@win.net)
Date: Sat Mar 06 1999 - 10:47:50 EST

In Central Indiana you can expect heavy snow every year. In 1973 I worked
at the automatic transmission plant, lived in Wabash In. After 6 hrs of
trying to geet home I stayed with people at a farm house who invited me in.
 In the late seventies on one Sunday it snowed 20 inches. The only thing
on the roads was snow plows and dirt bikes. On monday morning the
transmission assembly lines started on time. That took about most of 6000
people showing up on time. This is in contrast to Louisville Ky a few
years ago when a storm blocked the city for a week. Stuck,broken, trucks
blocked major hyways, heavy equipment was not available to remove them.
The wreckers were out ripping off really big money. This is the dak part
,my youngest son was 16 and was just bieginning to drive. We put tire
chains,left over from kokomo, on the 2wheel drive 3.9 and had a ball. We
picked up friends who had power outages,pulled people out of ditches, I was
suprised how many people try impossible feats with their automobiles. One
of the highlites of the week was with a ford explorer. Brand new,made here
in Louisville.. He was stuck in the middle of in intersection and we could
not get past him. We back tracked several blocks and came back to the same
intersection form what had been an unobstructed path . He had moved far
enough to now have it blocked. form our current direction. I practiced
getting the smirk off my face and the aproached the ford explorer. I ask "
would you like me to drive that for you." He gratefully said yes. So I
drove his new pride and joy back to his garage and my son drove the dak by
himself for the first time.