Slow Dak re-send

From: Michael Z-Sykes (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 08 1999 - 18:13:53 EST

I don't know if my first post came through... if it did, go no further =)
(BTW- the DELETE button is located to your right, parallel with the key
right underneath "backspace") =)

speakin' of spanks....that is something my truck can't seem to do
recently. =(. Here's the lowdown. When the pedal meets mr. floor, it
runs up to a high RPM (no tach...) and if it doesn't hit the rev limiter, it
shifts (almost reluctantly) and falls on it's face! Then around 35 mph, it
starts to pull hard till it reluctantly shifts again at close to 60, then runs in
3rd to about 75-80 and hits OD hard..really hard... where are my daks
balls? Here are my mods:
88 Dak 6er w/128k miles
-3.55 rear
-4spd Auto
-Flowmaster 3" in dual 2.25" out (3" is WAY too big for my 6er, but a
new muffler& cat is on the horizon)
-"high" flow cat (a measly 2" in & out)
-Edelbrock TES Headers
-K&N drop in (FABM on the horizon as well)

Now, here's the deal, I've just recently replaced the EGR, PCV, Battery,
cleaned the K&N (and oiled it too). Got a tune up (new plugs and wires
and dist,) in August. Right now, I don't see a reason my truckshould be
as slow as it is.. how slow? 18.0 and 70mph slow (that was my best
run).... someone help!!!!!!!!! I almost got spanked by a 6popper stang
yesterday.. it was all I could do to stay ahead!!!!
=(
=(

-mike d.