Re: Opinion about Sport Truck Connection

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 08 1999 - 19:33:55 EST

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Mark Kuzia wrote:

> Boy,
> What a bunch of ball-less idiots! What do they mean "useless information
> about g's or 0-60 times", these ARE real-world performance standards! What a
> bunch of bull, I will NEVER degrade my Dakota by watching this show.
>
> Mark
>

> Below is a description from their website:
>
> Each week, Mike and Jon, bring real world information about these vehicles
> directly into your living room. They test the vehicles in the way that you
> would use them, NOT on a racetrack with useless information about "g's" or
> "0-60" times, but rather how they would be to live with, day after day,
> month after month. Items like, "Are the seats comfortable?", "Do the sun
> visors really block the sun?", "Do drinks in the cup-holders spill on
> corners?",

   Heh heh heh! I'm with you on this one, Mark! IMHO, the stuff they list
above would fall into the "useless information" category before performance
times would! Actually, I can see how the day-to-day type info would be useful,
but you can't just focus on that!!! Especially since their title is "Sport Truck
Connection"! Uhhh, what's the first word? ***SPORT***!!!! What the heck
does a comforatable seat, sun visors, or cup-holders have to do with
motorsports??????

  Oops, got myself a little riled up there. :-) Anyway, IMHO, its fine
to look at cupholders and the like, but you can't just exclude performance!!
Especially on a SPORT TRUCK!! Oops, gettin' riled up again. :-)

  I don't subscribe to the channel that this show is on, so I guess I
won't be watching it, but if I did, I get the feeling it would be more of
a "Mystery Science Theater 3000" atmosphere. :-) Hey, maybe we can make
a DML meet out of it... Get together, watch the show, and yell at the
screen. :-) "DML Theater 3000"? Better yet, where do they tape this
thing? How long do you think we'd last before they kicked us out of
the studio audience? ;-)

                                              -Jon-