Clear Lenses legal or not?

From: SmokinDakota (smokindakota@email.msn.com)
Date: Mon Mar 08 1999 - 22:55:45 EST

There has been a lot of debate on this issue. It also may vary from state to
state. Check with your local law enforcement, but they will most likely say
they are illegal. Jeff at Sporttruck.com said:
"The lenses are intended for show only use. However, if you intend on using
them on the street (as most people do) you can meet light/signal color

regulation by using colored bulbs. For the rear lenses if you want to "stay

legal" you may want to mount 3 sq. inches of red reflectors to the rear (on

each side) because the rear clear lenses change the normal reflective red

areas of the lens to clear. This can be done using DOT approved sticker

type reflectors, mounted in gap under your tailgate. In most of California

(Orange and LA counties specifically) the authories have not enforced any of

the laws as far as I know, and I have had clear lenses front and rear on my

truck for several months now. As long as you use the red bulbs for your

taillights and amber bulbs for your turn signals you should be OK.

Regards,

Jeff

Shop.Sportruck.com"

Hope this helps,

Steven 2me
http://www.smokindakota.com

P.S. I might be receiving them tomorrow if the post office is fast enough.
LOL, yeah right.