Re: Peeling bumper paint

From: Chris Oertell (coertell@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Mar 08 1999 - 23:39:14 EST

I have a '98 sport and I too have a peeling front bumper. I think that I have a
left over '97 bumper because my truck was made in August of '97 but a '98 model
year. I went to the dealer and he told me that they would just repaint my
bumper black because they come from the factory unpainted which I thought was
bull. So he would repaint my bumper black for free or I can pay $75.00 to get
it painted in Emerald Green. But the real killer is that because they have to
paint my bumper rather than just put on a new "painted" one they want my truck
for three days to take it to the paint shop. I might take it to another dealer
to see what they offer. My warranty is almost up so I need to hurry up.

Chris Oertell
coertell@earthlink.com
Arcadia, Ca
'98 RC V6