Re: dual intake set up..... (longish, but read)

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 09 1999 - 00:59:49 EST

At 02:33 PM 3/5/99 -0800, you wrote:
[...]
>Multiply that by 2 filters and you get 157 sq inches. I also checked
>the suface area of a K&N cone (using a more complex formula that would
>be annoying to explain via the keyboard) and found out that you would
>need one that had a diameter of 8" and a length of at least 10 inches
>to give you 150 sq inches of area. So, with a surface area
>comparison, it looks like the twin air filter setup wins.

  Jason,

  A dual filter setup might have more surface area than an open element,
but the important thing to consider would be the "tubes" from the filters
to the throttle body. It seems to me that in such a setup, it would be those
tubes that become the bottleneck, as opposed to the filters themselves.

                                               -Jon-