Re: MPG and Clear Lenses

From: Joseph DaVolio (DavolJ@olympus.com)
Date: Tue Mar 09 1999 - 10:56:39 EST

How do you calculate your MPG?? I hope you are not relying on the onboard computer. I do the old math calculation at fill up time. These computers are not accurate...mine told me I was getting an average of 14.6 mpg...my math told me 13.6mpg...Just for laughs...I was going 65 mph down a bridge in neutral and I got 99 mpg... just my $0.0002.

Later
Joe DaVolio
99 DAK 5.2L 4x4 5 spd CC 1165 miles.

>>> Mitzi & David Fishman <fish@ihot.com> 03/09 1:16 AM >>>
A couple of folks have asked how many miles I had on my 17MPG dak...I
rolled over 4000 miles today. BTW, I couldn't hold the gain on the way
home. I had to get somewhere by 6pm, so I was stuffin' the pedal pretty
good. Still, from work to home, with liberal use of the pedal, mostly
in-town, I got 13.3MPG.

<climb on soapbox>
Now, my not so humble opinion on clear lenses...STUPID. Waaaay too
ricey (see www.riceboypage.com). They are as stupid, if not stupider,
than blackout covers over the headlights and taillights.
HELLLLLLOOOOOO! Headlights are so you can see where you are going at
night! Why would you want to darken them?! Put 80/80W PIAA superwhites
in them, if anything. Taillights...what are they for? So other people
don't rearend your stupid ass at night or in traffic! Why the hell
would you want them darker?! It's all very stupid, kids. Repeat after
me...BRIGHTER headlights...BRIGHTER brakelights.
<jump down off soapbox>

it's been a long day...

fish
99 SLT+ CC V8 4X4...getting almost 1000MPG