New Plugs and Wire First time

From: charles.vargas@usa.net
Date: Tue Mar 09 1999 - 09:33:02 EST

My 98 Dak CC 5.2 Auto is coming up on it's first real tune up time. After
reading all about upgrading the Spark Plugs and changing the wires, I decided
to try it myself. I don't mean doing the comperssion test or ignition timing
test, but the plugs, wires and air filters. Since this is the first time I
have ever tried a job like this, I think it should be easy enough for a
novice. (That's what I have read)I have a few questions I need some help on
from you with more experience.

1) What spark plugs should I use for better performance? (I here and Have seen
Split fire plugs suck)
2) Should I go with Mangcore Wires 8mm or MSD 8.5mm wire set? (Price is not an
issue here)
3) Should I go a head and drop in a 10" AirCleaner and K&N filter?(Since I
need to remove the Air Intake to get to the Dist.)

I looked Under the hood and see it looks tight form My hands to get to the
plugs. And the Distrib is behind the TB. Never seen that in my previous
cars. So how hard is this endever and should I do this with someone with more
experience working on Daks? Remember I'm a novice at this stuff.