Re: New Plugs and Wire First time

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 13:24:07 EST

charles.vargas@usa.net writes:

<< 1) What spark plugs should I use for better performance? (I here and Have
seen
 Split fire plugs suck) >>

I run regular Autolites in my Blown SS/T.... They work good. Tried regular
Champions.. They didn't give me any problems, either. IMO, I think the
gimmicky spark plugs with weird electrode designs are a waste of money more
than anything else. If you want to go farther between your plug changes, you
might want to try a platinum tipped plug.

<< 2) Should I go with Mangcore Wires 8mm or MSD 8.5mm wire set? (Price is not
an
issue here) >>

The Magnecor wire set is going to be far superior quality wise.... If you
could just see a set of each side by side and compared the two, it'd be very
apparant as to which wire is better. The Magnecor wires have a one peice
insulating layer made of 100% silicone, which is EMI supressed (I don't even
think the MSDs advertise EMI supression...) and will dissipate heat better
than the MSD wires can... I have a web page available at
http://members.aol.com/rdperform/magnecor.html that goes into detail a little
bit more .... FWIW, I have one V8 set left in stock w/ the next shipment on
the way in about a week.

<< 3) Should I go a head and drop in a 10" AirCleaner and K&N filter?(Since I
need to remove the Air Intake to get to the Dist.) >>

Now would be a good time.... you'll like the performance increase, too...

ttyl
Patrick
surf.to/rdperformance