RE: Air Temperature Readings

From: Randy Fox (foxra@nad.adventist.org)
Date: Tue Mar 09 1999 - 17:24:09 EST

Mike, where did you get your temp probe and for how much? Sounds like a
good
idea. I thought about doing this a cpl of years ago with my intercool
Buick...if I can remember right they were around $180...also what kind
of
window does it measure... -100 to +200? Any info would be great.
Thanks
Charles

Bowling Green Customs (a Turbo Buick aftermarket parts supplier) sells a
device
called the ScanMaster that reads up to 12 different data streams right
out of the
ADL connector (about $200 as I recall). I used on on my Grand National,
but I
would presume it could work on the dakota also. It may be as simple as
connecting
the three wires in a different way, or maybe they would have to produce
a new model
to work in harmony with the Dodge computer (instead of GM). But I'd
bet they'd be willing to make one if they knew a bunch of us on the list
would buy them.

Randy
'98 R/T CC