Re: Ram Air waste of money?

From: Catlin (catlin@erols.com)
Date: Tue Mar 09 1999 - 14:55:20 EST

> From: Dak99RT@aol.com
> Subject: Re: DML: Re: Ram Air waste of money?

> Mike Wrote:
> << I actually took temperature readings on about every different setup
> out there. This was done by inserting a temperature probe into the
> air stream inside the different air filter setups. The end result
> was the open air filters suck air that is about 30 to 40 degrees
> hotter than a ram air set up. >>

> Charles wrote:
> Mike, where did you get your temp probe and for how much? Sounds like a good
> idea. I thought about doing this a cpl of years ago with my intercool
> Buick...if I can remember right they were around $180...also what kind of
> window does it measure... -100 to +200? Any info would be great.
> Thanks
> Charles

Charles,
        I would use the following that was recommended to me by
a guy named Scott (not sure if he's still on the list). It is
much better than the one I used.

 "Radio Shack sells an "Auto/RV Thermometer" for $15. It
 is about the size of a pack of gum and comes with a 6-foot
 lead and temperature sensor."

Mike Catlin