Poor mans ram air

From: Paul and Connie (cpopov@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Mar 09 1999 - 23:25:49 EST

I do agree a ram air hood works best(look at all the drag racers) but howabout
keeping the stock look of your truck??? And still getting a nice performance
enhancement. Vladimir, not everyone wants to put an aftermarket hood on
their truck, and if you can get close to the benefit of an expensive hood
setup for
just a couple of hundred dollars, then I say go for it!!Either setup draws
outside(cooler) air in, slightly compresses it, and thus creates more power.
By the way I checked out your website, and there is something missing---A
Whats up with that??? I'd be interested to see a comparison in airflow/et's
between a hood system and an underhood system in similar trucks. Factor in the
cost, and I think the average Dak owner would prefer the under hood
system.Then again,if an aftermarket hood is what you want-- fine, but I
would not call an under hood ramair a waste of money. I think the various
posts on this have pretty much proved this to be the case--I got a kick out
of Desters.LOL!!