Re: Re: K&N "Ear Muffs" --Attn: Chris Lang

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 10 1999 - 13:09:40 EST

<<
 Thanks Tom, Its a K&N prefilter that I got out of the Summit catalog. It
 was around 20 bucks and after you put it on you oil it down with the same
 oil you put on a normal K&N filter. It's supposed to stop all the dust and
 dirt that a normal K&N lets thorough. I got it because where I go 4wheeling
 its always so dusty. They only list a 14x6 and an 14x4 prefilter in the
 summit catalog, but I think K&N makes then in every size they should have
 them if you ask for the correct size. I actually have a 14X6 prefilter on
 my 14X5 filter and I like having the extra room since it keeps crap from
 getting under the aircleaner when I'm 4wheeling.

This is exactly what Amsoil uses on their 2Stage Hi-Flo filters;a air filter
and an oil wetter prefilter.I bought one for my 93 Dakota for $25, ALOT
cheaper than a K&N filter with the additional prefilter. Amsoil's prefilter is
made soooo much better than K&N's and it seems to hold onto the air filter
tighter also. Im my opinion, after checking out K&N's products, Asmoil's are
just made alot better. Just my opinion though!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6