Introduction and questions

From: Edward J. Abrams, Jr. (superdak@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 07:00:47 EST

Hi, List!

My name is Ed Abrams. I've been on and off this list for several
several years, and I thought it was high time that I introduced myself
(besides, I finally have some questions). I drive a 1998 RC V8 3.55 SG
Auto
4x2 SLT in Deep Amethyst / Agate (inhale), with 4 wheel ABS, the HD
service pkg., sliding rear window, and NO power amenities. I ordered it

in early September '97 and got it eight weeks later. It is a fantastic
truck (>25,000 miles already), and I wanted to thank you guys for
pointing me in the right direction.

When I first found this list, I was driving a beat up '86 Mercury Sable,

and I was looking to buy my first 'new car'. The Dak was one of five
vehicles on my short list, and the only truck, but it was the presence
of this list, and the support and camaraderie it offered, that made the
Dakota the only real choice. I can remember the first time I read the
list (via the archives--no e-mail at the time), and one of the first
questions I had was, "what the heck is a KuKuKooter?" I soon figured it

out, and ended up tearing through a lot of the archives. It's been a
great ride so far!

Anyway, on to the questions: I am in the market for a hard tonneau cover

and bedrug for my truck, and have pretty much settled on the GT Classic
and the brand-name Bedrug. What I need to know is, has anyone had any
difficulties with either of these products? One thing that attracted me

to the GT Classic is its steel skin, which would seem to be more secure
than fiberglass--does anyone know how secure it really is? I see from
the member profiles that at least two list members have used this
tonneau, and I would appreciate any comments you can offer. Also, in
general, are two tonneau locks really that much better than one (is one
enough), or is two just telling the world, "hey! I got some expensive
stuff under here"? I want to put my order in on Saturday, probably
with California Customs or Lynx.

Thanks for listening!

Ed