California guys read this (Dakota Truck Show)

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wt.net)
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 23:31:47 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: James Harmon <jdharmon@earthlink.net>
To: <mike@snakebite.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 1999 4:56 PM
Subject: Dakota Truck Show

>Mike,
>I am attempting to put together the first Southern California Dakota
>(maybe also Durango) Show. I think I have a site (a local Dodge
>dealer), but I need trucks. What I am looking for is 25 to 50 modified
>Dakotas to put on display for a full day (weekend). We may have classes
>and trophies, lots of magazine coverage, some manufacturer sponsorship,
>music and refreshments. For $5 to $10 per entry, this may work out very
>nice. It has not been done before. We Dakota owners need to stick
>together and show off what we can do!
>Can you please send a general email to all webring participants and
>other Dakota owners to have them email me with their interest? Thanks
>Jim Harmon

Hey Jim that sounds great! if I wasn't a thousand or so miles away I'd be
there for sure.

You already know of the webring it seems but have you subscribed to the
Dakota Mailing List? There are over 600 members from all over north america
and we are always arranging "meets" mainly to just meet the other members
and talk trucks and such. There has already been a California meet and I
belive the guys are working on a second already. Check out the Dakota
Mailing List at this address:
http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/WWW/DAKOTA/index.html

You also might want to post a message to the Durango Forum at this address:
http://doc.admazeusa.com
I know the Durango guys are always gathering for meets.

I'll CC this email to the DML for you. You should get some responses...

---Mike, near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt
 My Dakota page==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html
 Dakota Webring==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/webring/ring.html