Re: Speed Sensor Trouble

From: Jon Smith (jdsmith4@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 10 1999 - 22:28:12 EST

There's a right way and a wrong way for the bracket holding the
housing in. It's hard to explain which way it should face, but it'll
show you in any decent repair manual.

---Dale Steele <dlsteele@flash.net> wrote:

> I can think of no better forum to bring this up.
>
> I had a tranny leak on my 94 V6 5-speed and took it into my favorite
> garage to get it fixed. The O-ring on the speedo connection to the
> tranny was leaking. They fixed the leak and as I was driving off, I
> noticed the speedometer wasn't registering and the truck ran like
> shiite, so I promptly returned it. The head mechanic did another
quick
> fix, and the speedo seemed to be registering fine and the truck
running
> smoothly.
>
> Anyway, to make a long story short, my mileage has gone to hell, the
> truck idles poorly and never starts on the first try like it used to.
>
> Is there a right and wrong way to reinstall the speedo mechanism? The
> mechanic seemed surprised by the "offset gearing"?
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Dale

==

Jon Smith -- NC
'95 CC SLT 4x4
318 auto, MP comp, JBA headers, 8.5mm MSD wires, 14x3 K&N, dual cat-back glasspacks, 180 degree thermo, spectre wire dividers

ICQ # 9720504