Speed Sensor Trouble

From: Dale Steele (dlsteele@flash.net)
Date: Wed Mar 10 1999 - 14:58:45 EST

I can think of no better forum to bring this up.

I had a tranny leak on my 94 V6 5-speed and took it into my favorite
garage to get it fixed. The O-ring on the speedo connection to the
tranny was leaking. They fixed the leak and as I was driving off, I
noticed the speedometer wasn't registering and the truck ran like
shiite, so I promptly returned it. The head mechanic did another quick
fix, and the speedo seemed to be registering fine and the truck running
smoothly.

Anyway, to make a long story short, my mileage has gone to hell, the
truck idles poorly and never starts on the first try like it used to.

Is there a right and wrong way to reinstall the speedo mechanism? The
mechanic seemed surprised by the "offset gearing"?

Any ideas?

Dale