Re: dual intake set up..... (longish, but read) -Reply

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (msykes@SU.EDU)
Date: Wed Mar 10 1999 - 21:44:55 EST

>>>A dual filter setup might have more surface area than an open
element,
but the important thing to consider would be the "tubes" from the filters
to the throttle body. It seems to me that in such a setup, it would be
those
tubes that become the bottleneck, as opposed to the filters themselves.
<<<

isn't there an engine out there that uses a dual filter set-up like what was
described? A cone on each side of the engine bay and two tubes runnin'
up to one hat on top... I KNOW I've seen it somewhere... maybe it was on
a modified Vette....
From what I figure, if they can get a twin turbo to work, then a dual
intake setup shouldn't be TOO hard =)

-mike d.