Re: Slow Dak re-send -Reply

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (msykes@SU.EDU)
Date: Wed Mar 10 1999 - 21:40:41 EST

>>>Either the torque
convertor stays permanently locked up, sucking the power out of the
engine,
or the tranny is starting to slip and show it's age, and thereby sucks the
power out of the engine....time for a rebuild.... <<<

yeah, that seems to be the general consensus... I know it's not the
torque converter because I can hear when it goes into lock-up at
highway speeds. I haven't felt the tranny slip yet, it just goes into gear
REALLY slushy sometimes, or waits untill I let up the throttle after peggin'
the rev limiter to shift. The fluid is a nice shade of pink just like it's 'spose
to be and it doesn't smell burnt or have bubbles in it.... how does one go
about gettin' their tranny checked out to see if it's rebuild time?

-mike d.