OD Problems....help!

From: Robert Trottmann (rotrottmann@davidson.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 10 1999 - 21:27:36 EST

Ok, so here's the deal. When going about 50, if I push it up to about
2600 rpm, the OD will disengage, and I get acceleration. This is
pushing it more than I used to have to.
Going about 70 or 80, I have to floor it before I get some kind of drop
(OD or gear, I really don't know). I used to just have to press the
pedal down about 50% to get OD to disengage, and acclerate like a bat
out of hell.
So what is going on? I will admit something terrible. I bought my
truck with 31,000 miles on it, from a respected (by me and my family)
dealer. It now has 83XXX miles on it. I have never servied the
Tranny. So IF the fluid was changed by the dealer or previous owner,
it's been over 50,000 miles, if it wasn't changed then, it's been
83,000miles+. The fluid is dark red, and I'm planning on changing it
and the filter this weekend. There are a few bubbles on the dipstick,
but just a few, after driving for a while.
Sorry for the long post, hopefully I'll get more replies than Vladimir's
BS did.
Thanks,
Robert