Re: OD Tranny problems

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 12:37:35 EST

At 09:40 AM 3/11/99 , you wrote:

>I'd also like to correct a statement I made a few days ago about the OD
>unlocking
>when you step on the brake. I was wrong. GM tranny's do that, but my
>'98 R/T
>does not. I tried it on the way home from work--after posting that
>erroneous
>comment which I presumed applied to all over-drive transmission,
>regardless of brand).

Mine does. (And, no, I don't have a GM tranny in my Dak) I never even knew
they did this until I read a post the other day about it. Checked it out
the next time I was out driving and sure enough the OD unlocked and the
revs went up when I touched the brake. If your OD doesn't unlock when you
brake, maybe it needs to be checked out.

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

Where is it written that the fun and games
have to stop just because someone loses an eye?