Re: RE:DML Lift Kits

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 13:32:50 EST

Yup, I agree... This horse has been beaten pretty badly! ;-) Besides, it
strikes me we are making a lot of the same points --just approaching them from
completely different angles.

L8R,

Tom

   <<I really don't want to expand on this any more, my fingers are tired too.
I think you understand better what I'm trying to say, cliche's or not. My
personal truth is, I have yet to desire to go someplace my 4x2 Dakota can't
take me, are there places it can't reach? Sure, I fully admit that, but the
better question is, why would I want to get there and is it worth all the extra
dough to do it? In your case, you are a hunter and go where roads don't exist
through mountains and perfect 4x4 terrain. Could a 4x2 go the same places?
Well, it all depends on the terrain and conditions you are travelling in. I'll
stick by my original idea: if you want a jacked up truck, you can buy a 4x2 and
lift it a bunch and add huge tires for the cost of the same truck in a 4x4.
You get the image for the same dollars. If you actually need the 4x4
preformance, buy the 4x4 and learn it's limitations, cause no matter how high
you jack it up, or how big the tires, it can't go everywhere either, and doing
those things create their own limitations.
   Thanks for the discussion.

Shaun H.>>