Re: Question on going faster

From: Jetmugg@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 15:59:44 EST

In addition to finding an extra 100 ponies somewhere, I think there may be
some other "drag racer's secrets" ways to shave time off the clock. The basic
premise goes like this - the way to cut a full second off your time is to
improve a lot of areas which may give you a tenth or two at a time. Examples
of these things would be careful suspension setup, tire pressure, alignment of
the front end, chilling the intake down with ice bags, moving the battery to
the bed, "drag shocks" on the front end, unbolting the end links on the sway
bar, or removing the swaybar altogether, use of a cool can, as well as many
other tips and "secrets" which drag racers use to shave a little time here and
there. It's my opinion that finding one single thing to drop a full second
would be much more expensive than finding a bunch of little things which may
add up to the same improvement.

Good Luck

Steve.