RE: RE: Mopar Tonneau cover

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 16:48:53 EST

See below!

-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Fox [mailto:foxra@nad.adventist.org]
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 1999 1:40 PM
To: DML Moderator
Subject: DML: RE: Mopar Tonneau cover

Bruce,

Does the Mopar tonneau have a single lock in the back edge of the cover?
No, on the center of the top of the cover about 4 " from the edge

Does it have two bars that reach from the lock to the ends of the
aluminum
frame to lock it down? NO, A U hook is screwed to the tailgate, you cant
open the gate with the tonneau locked

Does it have a black edge around it? NO, my black edge is painted purple
like the rest of the tonneau

My fear is that you're going to say "yes" to all three of the above
questions,
which means the truck accessory shop I went to steered me wrong just to
get my business (instead of Mopar). Sounds like the shop is on the right
track! Itd be nice to be able to open the gate with the cover locked down.
And the lock has a funny plastic cover thats eventually gonna get lost... I
got my tonneau as part of the Non-deal on my truck but I really liked the
looks and the fact that it was warrantied along with my truck (10/100) and
that its Mopar for "originality"... Probably not the best piece out there
from all features though, but hey its a looks thing for me!
BKB

Randy
'98 FR R/T CC