RE: Question on going faster

From: Jason Jennings (jason@spray-tech.com)
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 16:57:31 EST

I bunch of little things is the idea. A one full second solution I
think is called nitrous. I have done the tire pressure thing, dropped
to nice ets. I haven't done anything to the suspension. My slicks are
about 3-4 weeks away from mounting, I hope. I know I need a 2.0
possibly a 1.9 60' for better times. I can pick up the better 60' in
the traction department. I think I fall shorter on the top end of the
track though. I think I have a fair take off, just zero follow through.
I wanted to try the slicks before I start with the other traction
techniques. I thought maybe I could angle for a nice top end speed to
help the heavy sled down the track. I am using track techniques to out
run my buddies Cobra. He has me in the pony and weight category though.
I know the quarter mile has several factors to lower ets. The one I
think about the most involves accelerating a 4300 lbs. object a quarter
of a mile. You have the 60', the 330', the 1000', and so on.... At
some point you cross a threshold were a little top end power wouldn't
hurt, correct???? I will continue to do my best experimenting with the
R/T to find a suitable track scenario for the lowest price,
hahahahahaha.... Thanks for the tips, and I will look into which ones I
will try next.

Jason
3/11/99 4:55 PM