Re: Engine Treatment

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 15:40:31 EST

GIMMICK! Didn't make any difference in either of my vehicles...Tried
Motor-Up, Slick/50, Prolong, STP (Generic PTFE), the best answer I've ever
received from the tech guys at Slick/50 was this:

"I'm sorry, but Slick/50 cannot adhere to the metal if it was already treated
with Graphite." (My old Camaro was "pre treated" with Graphite...after
break-in...for safety precautions. If anyone thinks or tells you that graphite
clogs up oil filters..they're full or @#$!)

At 12:16 PM 3/11/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Just a question on engine oil treatments. Would any one on this list
>ever consider using that engine oil treatment stuff, like Slick 50/Pro
>Long etc. or is this stuff just a gimmick. Any idea which is the best
>engine treatment.
>
>My truck is pretty much stock except for a MSD/Flowmaster Muffler.
>97 Dakota 5.2L 4x4 CC Sport.
>
>Thanks Trent.K
>http://members.home.net/dakota97/index.html

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
bernd@texas.net
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd
1997 Dakota SLT-CC (3.9L)
License Plate Frame: "Don't Follow Me...I'm Trolling for Toyota's"
Song for the Day: "Gonna buy me a Dodge Truck and blow those Fords off the
road....."