RE: Noisy transfer case

From: Wayne T. Schultz (rimfax@email.msn.com)
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 15:55:54 EST

I have the same transfer case wine in 4 high. Especially, during
deceleration. I have always had this noise since the truck was new. I tend
to not listen to the radio too much. I would rather hear the pipes.

I remember hearing that a new gears will sometimes whine until "broken in",
but I have no idea if this is an wives tale.

There may be nothing wrong. They just may whine.

I think you did the right thing by changing the fluid.

If you find that this whine is caused by some sort of defect, please let me
know.

- Wayne

White/Lt. 4x4 CC 5.2 5spd