something to ponder NON-DAK...but funny

From: HEMI@charter.net
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 17:12:29 EST

Found this on a message board and thought it was pretty funny . It also
reminded me of some of the threads that come across the DML from time to
time .:

Q: How many DML members does it take to change a light bulb?
A: 1,342

1 to change the light bulb and to post on the DML that the light bulb has
been changed;
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light
bulb could have been changed
differently;
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs;
27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing lightbulbs;
53 to flame the spell checkers;
41 to correct spelling/grammar flames;
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb";
another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive;
156 to write to Jon Stieger about the light bulb discussion and its
inappropriateness to the DML;
109 to post that the DML is not about light bulbs and to please take this
to a Maililng List
specifically about light bulbs;
203 to demand that cross posting to grammar-l, spelling-l and illuminati-l
about changing light bulbs be
stopped;
111 to defend the posting to the DML saying that we all use light bulbs and
therefore the
posts *are* relevant to the DML;
306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to
buy the best light bulbs, what
brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty;
27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs;
14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and the post the
corrected URL's;
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to the
DML which makes
light bulbs relevant to the DML;
33 to link all posts to date, then quote them including all headers and
footers and then add "Me too";
12 to post to the list that they are leaving because they cannot handle the
light bulb controversy;
19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three";
4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ;
44 to ask what is "FAQ";
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago on Usenet?"
143 to ask "what's Usenet?"

:)

Jack Hilton III

HEMI@charter.net