Re: Engine Treatment

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 19:51:41 EST

I read a few years ago in either "Car&Driver" or "Motor Trend" an article on
engine additives, specifically Slick50. They said that when adding Slick50,
you need to run the engine for a LONG time to make sure it doesn't settle in
the oilpan. If it settles in the pan, it can form a coating on the oil
pickup screen. Although the coating on each individual screen wire is very
small, when all wires are coated they drastically reduce the overall intake
area of the screen (to something like 30% of original intake volume). So
the mag did not recommend the additive.