Re: Changing Tranny Fluid

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 19:54:14 EST

I've used Dexron III in my '92 A-518, it has 138k miles and no tranny
problems whatsoever. I change fluid/filter every 40k miles. Sounds like
the newer trannies use the 7176, maybe check your owner's manual. After you
pull the pan, be sure to take a clean rag and wipe out all the gunk on the
bottom of the pan. There is also a magnet you can pull off the pan and wipe
clean before replacing it. Also, on my 518, you need to pull the dipstick
before dropping the pan.