Re: RE: California guys read this (Dakota Truck Show)

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 20:11:59 EST

<< This sounds pretty neat! :-) If I wasn't on the other coast,
 I'd probably enter my Dak. One thing that caught my attention though
 is the "Most Illegal" idea. If I were considering entering my truck,
 a class like that would probably cause me to leave my truck in the
 parking lot with the rest of the spectators. The last thing I'd want
 is for a bunch of cops to crawl around and under my truck looking for
 violations and illegal stuff. I'm sure they'd take a dim view of my
 exhaust mods. Even if there weren't any reprocussions at the show, what
 if I were driving around a couple of months later, and one of the cops
 from the show needed a reason to pull me over? And, unless the truck
 that wins "most illegal" was a trailer queen, what's going to happen
 when the show is over and the guy drives it past the cops and out onto
 the street? I don't know if I'd have enough nerve to do that. :-)

   I dunno; all that stuff I listed above would make me more than a bit
 uneasy. If there are others out there who think like me, a "most
 illegal" class may reduce the number of entrants.

   Good luck with the show!

                                               -Jon- >>

Can we have a burnout contest? maybe get a local tire dealer invovled to
give a free pair of tires to the winner. When and where is this thing
scheduled. Hopefully my Dak will be done then.

Brad