Re: Question on going faster

From: GSWillhite (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 18:58:59 EST

Jason, I was reading Mopar Muscle mag. and found an article on
318/340/360 Power Combos, July 98. They talk about testing several
engine buildups by Kammer & Kammer, Dorvak and Hugh's engines. The
only engine tips that might apply to the '99 360 is a buildup on the
318 MPI, where they extracted 335hp at 367lbs. of torque. They don't
say how that would relate to track times tho. Looks like they got
most of the power from Sealed Power pistons at 9.9:1 compr. and a
Comp Cams camshaft. Other mods are with the stock MPI intake part
no. 53010248, roller rockers and .080 Comp Cams pushrods. They are
using a stock TB, (I don't think its modified) and an FP(?) perfomance
computer. They also stated you can use the Mopar computer w/this
setup. Alot of good that will do eh.....until Mopar gets on the
ball. Good luck!

GS -

98 5.2L 5spd