Re: RE: Engine Treatment

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@mci.com)
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 18:53:26 EST

I'll have to agree with this one.. I run Mobil 1 where ever I can (it's in
my engine, transfer case, and both differentials (Mobil 1 doesn't make a
7176+ ATF, or I'd run it in my tranny)

I have dismantled an engine that was running Mobil 1 almost it's whole life,
and you could eat off the inside of it (no deposits) and I could still
faintly see the hone marks on the cylinder walls... (not enough wear) and
this was in my '68 383 Charger that I ran hard.... in Phoenix heat, no
less...

Gary Shook

>Trent,
>
>Buy Mobil 1.
>
>There has to be a reason that it comes in all new porsches. In fact, not
>using it in a new porsche will void the warranty. So, it states in my
>neighbors new Boxter.
>
>I don't know of a better claim to any type of oil or oil additive than an
>endorsement from Porsche.
>
>- Wayne
>98 5.2 CC 5spd Bright White/Light

TRENTEN