Re: Heater/AC Blower Motor Problems

From: david zavetsky (zavetsky@usaor.net)
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 22:08:30 EST

Perhaps the bock itself has a funky connection?

My 92's heater blower fuse *MELTED* one day and I had to Dremell it
out......Hasnt done it since, though......

At 11:51 AM 3/11/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Ok here's a good one! The heater/AC blower motor will not work at all.
>Here's the list of things I've checked per the factory & Chiltons manual
>with the results if any. I've even called and spoke with the dealer service
>manager. One other interesting symptom is that the back-up lights don't
>work either. The switch is OK. The wiring diagrams show these two
>systems have a common point of power at the fuse block and share the
>same fusible link from the battery via the ignition switch.
>Any help from the vast ocean of knowledge on this list would be appreciated.
>
> Action Result
>1. Checked/replaced fuse OK
>2. Checked battery voltage at input
> to fuse block. 11.30vdc **
>3. Blower motor works when 12vdc is
> applied directly from battery. OK
>4. Voltage at motor connector 11.30vdc **
>5. Resistor block checks good with meter OK
>6. Fusible link(s) look good OK
>7. Cleaned and re-seated all connectors OK
>8. Pulled control unit from dash and
> checked with meter (VOM) OK
>9. Checked for good ground OK
>10.Checked continuity from fusible link to
> fuse block. OK
>
>** = should be the same as battery, 12.5vdc
>

>Thanks
>
>Dave Shimmin
>
>'88 LE, Silver/Charcoal, 3.9L, LB,
>LT245 / 70R15, Hella 550s.
>241k mi.!

"M ove O ver, P ickup A pproacing R apidly!"
1992 Dakota 4x4, Standard cab, short bed, 5.2 L V8, K&N, Gibson/Dynomax
exhaust,Power Puleys, MP SBEC, 180 degree thermostat, Bushwhackers,
tire/wheel package, Lund Moonvisor & Interceptor, Custom Cover tonneau,
Bundy rear bumper, chrome grillguard/pushbar

1987 Honda Shadow VT110C....Black, Cobra Horn Covers, Jardine tapered
slipons.....Gawd I love this bike!

see http://www.usaor.net/users/zavetsky for pictures!

MOPAR or NOCAR!