Finished up on electric fan and 180 degree stat(long)

From: Dester243@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 23:38:01 EST

If you don't want to read very long story. just scroll down to ALL AND ALL,
and answer my last question for tonite...

Wow, these two things took me and a friend 6 hours to complete. so, know you
are going to need to spend some time on these items... The fan was a
!@$(U@#%. It took us a while to figure out how to take the fan off. We
missed the part about having a 34mm wrench on an earlier post, and we took all
the nuts that held the pully out. Made the pully fall out.. (this was after
we thought we needed to remove the belt..) so, there was about 2 hours. then
another 1 and a half was spent on fitting the fan on and placing the
thermostat into the radiator tubing... (oh, it leaked under high RPMS, so we
finally had to readjust the clamp and now it's a dry hose!) oh, now my truck
doesn't have a plastic shroud that says "CAUTION! FAN BLADE!" the 16" fan
sticks out so it can't be squeezed in there. Should i trim the bottom so it
can fit down there? or will it be fine off?
Next thing we did was the thermostat, about an hour with the shroud not in
the way and the alternator half hanging on. (at this point, we were too lazy
to disconnect all the wires on the back, so just laid it in a pretty stable
area) thermostat was cool. took us a while to get it back on, and NO. we
didn't drain all the coolant out, had a pan underneath and it caught all the
leaking fluids. Oh well, it'll burn off. Now the temperature level is way
down there, barely over the first mark after 130. The heater is not as hot,
so that might not be the best for those who live in extreme winters.

ALL IN ALL. The dakota now is very responsive. Even though i still feel it
needs more low end. I'm thinking if the race magnum muffler was a mistake or
not. it should all add up in the end huh?? last mods on the truck are B&F
throttle body, y-pipe and, MSD box...
-Dester
PS. which order should i do them in?