Re: Re: Performance Modifications Attn: Trent K.

From: DRD892@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 12 1999 - 08:43:28 EST

You pose an interesting question.
I have made most of the popular modifications to a '97 5.2 Automatic.
This includes: FABM, K&N, Flowmaster Cat/Back, larger Tires, better Shocks,
Ignition upgrade (Brass), Champion Gold Truck Plugs, Thermostat, etc. etc.

All these modifications have merit and seem to improve the trucks overall
performance, handling and reliability.

But, if I could do only one modification, it would be the TransGo shift kit
with
a Hayden Cooler. The stock transmission shifted poorly, hurting performance
and building heat. The modified transmission snap shifts and uses all the
available power from the engine more efficiently. Engine modifications to
increase power will not live up to their potential if this power is going
through
a sloppy, erratic automatic transmission.

This is only my personal opinion. Many other members will have their own
thoughts concerning this. It is not my intention to start a flame war. In
the
end, you will have to make up your own mind which way to go. This is a good
way to collect information.
Have a good day...

David R.
Sterling Heights