What Cat-Back System is Recommended??

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Fri Mar 12 1999 - 14:31:16 EST

I've been searching for a good cat-back system at a reasonable price and have
researched FlowMaster as others on the list seem pleased with their products.

Summit gave me a quote of $175.69 on a FlowMaster kit (p/n 17173). This is a
single 2.5" center inlet and a single 3" offset outlet w/3" pipes to the stock
side exit location. The muffler is a 3 chamber design.

I have a '98 318 (V8) 4x4 and I'm looking to improve exhaust flow/exhaust sound
but I don't want to lose any low end torque nor rattle the neighbors windows.

What do y'all think of the above kit??? Can I do better with a different brand
for similar money? Can somebody beat this price? --it sounds pretty reasonable
to me, but I don't know any better...

Thanks for any and all responses.

Tom