Problems with the clear lenses on my 99 R/T

From: Dak99RT@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 12 1999 - 23:42:21 EST

I was able to install my clear lenses and they look awesome. I did have to
modify one of the light bulb socket hole though and it wasn't the easiest
thing in the world, not hard but a little irritating. The hole for the side
marker lamp on the clear lenses has a raised plastic cylinder-like guard
around it and it doesn't allow the light socket to seat. It is about 5/8"
long. I had to cut most of it off with a hacksaw and get the rest with a
Dremel and a razor blade. Once the guard is removed you can put the sidemarker
socket into the hole and it fits well...just like the other two turn signal
lamps. Other than that, the install was a breeze. They look great. I am very
happy with them and they even look identical to the factory lenses except they
are clear. You can see the install on Smokindakota's page at
www.smokindakota.com but his installation doesn't tell of the modification to
the marker lamp hole. Perhaps the 99s are different with a bigger sidemarker
socket...I don't know. I have pics of all the modifications, before during and
after the install. E-mail me personally if you want to see them and I'll send
you a zip file with the pics. I may eventually put them on my site.
Charles Smith
1999 Dakota R/T
15.0@95 mph (g-tech)
Ican2u7176@aol.com (or) Dak99rt@aol.com