Re: Re: What Cat-Back System is Recommended??

From: Dak99RT@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 13 1999 - 10:45:56 EST

In a message dated 3/13/99 6:30:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dadoctah@worldnet.att.net writes:

(on exhaust expanding as it flows though the exhaust)

<< Not quite. When exhaust cools it contracts. As the exhaust comes out of the
 cylinder it has alot of velocity. It will squeeze through just about
anything.
 The problem is that as it travels down the pipe it loses this energy and
needs
 tubing with less restriction to prevent it from slowing down so much that it
 slows down the stuff upstream.
 Dr. Pat >>

I stand corrected. I was told this by a Performance parts dealer who probably
just wanted my buisiness. Thanks for the input.
Charles