**HELP** Trans Go Install

From: Brandon Beasley (brb@fastlane.net)
Date: Sat Mar 13 1999 - 22:44:45 EST

Hi all,
Today i started to install my TransGo Shift kit. I got it all done except
that i could not get the gears to in gage correctly. I did as the video
said for reinstallation of the valve body back into the trans. I put the
parking rod in to the trans and felt it "stick" into place. The rooster
comb in the valve body was turned all the way clock-wise. I then
connected the rod to the valve body with the clip. When I went to push up
the valve body up in to its spot the rooster comb 'clicked' a few times
moving counter-clock-wise. I put a few bolts in and did as the video said.
I then tried to move the gear leaver at the trans to see if the trans would
change gears.....It would not. I tried for about 4 hrs to get it to work.
I am giving up for today...too tired and pissed to do any more. Can anyone
help me?!?!?
Also When I adjusted the bands I had to turn the wrench many times before I
got the 72 in-lb required for the adjustment. I ready did not have too
many threads left after I was done. The bands were snug against the trans
then I was done...Does this sound right?
Thanks for any help,
Brandon