Re: Questions: MSD 6A Wiring

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 14 1999 - 12:38:48 EST

<< Dont go with the 6a spend the extra money and go with the 6al. You just
plug
 them in too your available wiring harness.

Why would I want the 6AL over the 6A?? The 6A and 6AL both have the same
identical operating specifications. The only difference is that the 6AL has an
adjustable rev limiter. Why would I need this? I was going to look at the MSD
6-Offoad box, but it also has the same exact specs as the 6A/6AL have, except
the 6-Offroad box is 'water and vibration resistant'; but I woldnt get this
one simply because it is alot more expensive for the 'resistent' feature. I
never race, just wanted better overall performance of my ignition system,
since I have just about everything else in my igntion is aftermarket. So what
does the wiring harness plug into, the coil, the distributor, etc???? I know I
have to connect it to the battery and ground it, but what else does this box
get wired to?
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6