Re: 7176+ and Mobil-1 Tranny Fluid Compatible?

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Mon Mar 15 1999 - 12:01:17 EST

Yep, they told me the same thing and I believe the same note is made on their
web description of their products... On a similar note, AMSOIL will tell you
they do not have "certification" or other such blessing from DC for their
synthetic tranny fluid in late model Daks (mines a '98) using type 7176 +3
formulation. However, they go on to say that they *do not* believe there will
be a problem using it, just that DC keeps changing the formulation and has not
yet "approved" their product for this specific application.

For me, I run Mobil 1 in the engine and bought some AMSOIL synthetic diff. fluid
that I'll be putting in this summer (once I get a locker, yes!). I'll probably
get some AMSOIL for the T-Case at some point too. As far as the tranny goes,
I'm gonna wait 'till a synthetic is certified before I switch. I'll do the
regular changes, but I'm gonna use dino. oil.

My $.02

Tom