Re: DiRT: Brake problems. I need advise please.

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Mon Mar 15 1999 - 13:48:05 EST

I took the Dak into the dealership this morning and told them about what I
had found on the front brakes. I also made sure that they knew I thought
that the splash shields were supposed to be on there (and they are not). I
also made sure that they understood my hint that if the splash shields were
supposed to be there from the factory that I would expect for DC to pick up
the costs of my repairs. The service advisor said he would look into it. The
reason this has to even be considered instead of DC automatically footing
the bill is because brakes are only covered for the first 12 months and my
truck is now 17 months old.

While l was waiting for the shuttle to come and take me home I started
looking for another 4X4 Dak on the lot to compare to mine. None were there.
But there was a 4X4 Durango, so I looked under it. Guess what I saw. Splash
shields. So I walked my way back to the service desk, got the service
advisor and told him what I found out on their lot. Now he is also thinking
that the factory left something off. Said he would call as soon as they have
something solid to go by.

I'll let everyone know what happens as soon as I know.

John
98 Dakota 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Mopar headers, cracked brake rotor.