Re: Mobil-1 vs. Amsoil

From: Glen Renzoni (glenzoni@totacc.com)
Date: Mon Mar 15 1999 - 01:46:05 EST

Amsoil synthetic motor oil was introduced in 1972, and is stated in their
dealer history book with a list of "firsts", which include "First to
develop an API rated 100% synthetic motor oil". Don't know when Mobile 1
started making 100% synthetic motor oil. I think most other "older"
synthetic oils were petroleum based. I could be wrong about this.